Please note that our Website contains links to other sites not owned and/or operated by us; therefore these sites may have privacy policies that differ from our Website.
Click a link below for information on each topic:
What information do we collect through our Website, and how is this information used?
Contacts through our Website
We collect certain personal information through the Website when you choose to submit such information to us through email, an online form or other method (such as contacting us through our “Contact Us” or “Careers” Website functions). This may include, but is not limited to, a person’s name, company name, physical address, telephone number, and email address and includes such personal information you provide to us in order to request additional information about our products and services, employment opportunities, or for other purposes. We use personal information collected through our Website to respond to specific requests for information.
You do not need to provide this personal information to us, but if you do not, we will not be able to respond to your communication. We collect and use this personal information for our legitimate business interests to understand customer/potential customer feedback and to respond to sales requests. We will keep this information for as long as you have a relationship with us, or if you do not have a relationship with us beyond this communication, for a reasonable length of time that lets us understand how people use our Website.
Quanterix customers who register for our Simoa Community Forum or for the Customer Portal will be asked to create a user name and password and to create an account with name, company name, email address. If you choose to do so, you may also upload a photo to the account profile. This information is only accessible to customers through the Community Forum and will not be processed for any other purpose.
We also maintain a log of certain information concerning visitors to our Website, including but not limited to a visitor’s IP address (a computer’s numerical Internet address), the websites from which visitors access our Website, the type of web browsers used to access our Website, the device used to access our Website, and the pages viewed. Such information may be treated as personal information under certain applicable local law. We only use this type of information to understand how our Website is accessed and how it is used.
If we have collected your personal information through our “Careers” page in response to a Quanterix job opening, you are giving us permission to process and retain your information for the purpose of evaluating your application for a particular job opening. This personal information is processed and stored by a third party talent tracking solution provider under contract with Quanterix. Any information requested relating to U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment (EEOC) questions, or self-identification of disability is strictly voluntary and will not be considered in evaluating your application for a particular job opening. Any information provided in response to the EEOC form (Form CC-305) will be maintained in a confidential file, separate from the job application.
If we have collected your personal information through our Website or through other channels (such as if you have exchanged contact information with one of our sales representatives or partners, or have included your personal information in an event registration form or provided it to us at a trade show), and we have permission to do so, we will use your personal information to inform you about our products and services and to gather feedback from your on our Website and services. You may unsubscribe from any marketing communications at any time by selecting the opt-out link which will be contained in any such email or communications that you receive, or by contacting us by using the details at How can I change, update, or delete my contact information?
Sale or Merger of Quanterix
We will also disclose personal information (1) in response to lawful requests by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements) and (2) in our sole discretion if we believe that such disclosure is appropriate in connection with an official government or regulatory investigation or in response to a perceived significant threat to a person’s health or property or to our business.
We may also process your personal information if necessary in the defense of a legal claim. We will not delete personal information if relevant to an investigation or dispute. It will continue to be stored until those issues are fully resolved.
If you would like to request information about the personal information we may have collected about you, please complete and return a Data Subject Action Request form.
How does Quanterix protect the security of my personal information?
How do you share my personal information?
Quanterix does not sell, lease or rent the personal information you share with us with third-parties. Quanterix may share your personal information as follows:
- Subsidiaries and affiliates. We may share your personal information with Quanterix subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Change of control. We may share your personal information as part of a purchase, transfer, or sale of the company or a subsidiary (for example, a corporate restructuring, merger or consolidation with, or sale of substantially all of our assets to a third party).
- Legal compliance. We may share your personal information if we believe that such disclosure is necessary to comply with any applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or requests by public authorities (e.g., law enforcement, tax authorities, etc.); protect you, us, or other users’ rights or property, or to protect our business, comply with or enforce our terms, agreements or policies. Such disclosure may be to parties outside your country of residence.
- Your consent or express actions. We may share personal information when we have your consent to do so. Also, any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting in public areas of our Websites, such as blog comments or social media posts on our social media profiles, become available to the public.
- Anonymous or aggregated data. We may share anonymized or aggregated information with any third parties. Such information no longer reasonably identifies you and is not considered personal information.
What about transfer of my personal information to other countries?
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country in which we engage service providers, including to countries outside of the location(s) of your business, such as the United States and countries within Europe, Latin America and the Asia-Pacific region. Where such transfers of your personal information are made they will be made in accordance with applicable law.
Transfer of Information to Other Countries – Users in European Union (EU), The United Kingdom, and Switzerland
We store your personal information on cloud servers located in the United States. In addition, we use suppliers in the United States that support the provision of our services. The transfer of this information is governed by a contract including standard contractual clauses (SCCs) approved by the European Commission.
We comply with the EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (EU-U.S. DPF) and the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and the Swiss-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (Swiss-U.S. DPF) as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce. We have certified to the U.S. Department of Commerce that we adhere to the EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework Principles (EU-U.S. DPF Principles) with regard to the processing of personal data received from the EU and the UK in reliance on the EU-U.S. DPF and the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF. We have certified to the U.S. Department of Commerce that we adhere to the Swiss-U.S. Data Privacy Framework Principles (Swiss-U.S. DPF Principles) with regard to the processing of personal data received from Switzerland in reliance on the Swiss-U.S. DPF. If there is any conflict between the terms in this Privacy Framework Statement and the EU-U.S. DPF Principles and/or the Swiss-U.S. DPF Principles, the Principles shall govern. To learn more about the Data Privacy Framework (DPF) Program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.dataprivacyframework.gov/.
Please see our Data Privacy Framework Statement for more information about the DPF Program and our certification.
How can I change, update or delete my personal information, or request that I not be contacted?
You can change or update your personal information at any time. In order to change, update or delete any personal information, please contact us by calling us at 617.301.9400 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What rights do I have about the use of my personal information?
Some of these rights, e.g., the right to be forgotten or the right to request that we transfer your information to another company, will only apply in certain circumstances. Generally, these rights will not be available if there are outstanding contracts between us, if we are required by law to keep the information or if the information is relevant to a legal dispute.
We have listed the rights you have over your personal information and how you can use them below. These rights are subject to restrictions under European data protection law and, subject to the exemptions in that law, may only apply to certain types of information or processing.
- We need your consent for some of the ways we use your personal information, e.g., for marketing or processing special categories of information about you. You can remove that consent at any time.
- You can ask us to confirm if we are processing your personal information and if we are, you can ask for access to that information and details regarding:
- Why we are using your information;
- What information are we using;
- Who we have shared the information with;
- The period for which your information will be stored, or how we determine that period;
- your right to object to our processing of your information, your right to have your information erased or the processing of your information restricted;
- Your right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority;
- The source of your information where it has not been provided by you;
- The existence of any automated decision-making processes using your data or any profiling;
- The transfers of your information to countries outside of EU and the safeguards in place;
- Your right to a copy of the information about you which is being processed by us.
- You can ask us to correct your information if it’s wrong.
- You can ask us to delete some of your information.
- You can ask us to restrict how we use your information.
- You can ask us to help you move some of your information to other companies.
- You have a right to ask that we provide your information in an easily readable format to another company.
- You can ask us to stop using your information, but only in certain cases.
- You have the right to complain to the relevant supervisory authority.
You also have a right to object to us processing your information in certain circumstances. You can ask us to stop processing your information at any time. In certain circumstances, we may not be able to do this or may not be required to do this. For example, if there are outstanding contracts between us, if we required by law to keep the information or if the information is relevant to a legal dispute then we may not stop processing your information.
If you reside or are located in the EU, we keep your personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which that personal information was obtained or processed. The length of time we retain personal information depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
California Privacy Rights
California Consumer Privacy Act
If you are a resident of California, the following sections are intended to provide certain information to you as required by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). These sections apply to personal information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household such as your real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers (collectively, “personal information”). Personal information does not include publicly-available information and certain other information that is regulated by other applicable laws.
Right to Know
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection of your personal information. Such information shall cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. Upon our receipt of your verified request, we will provide you with the following:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which we have collected your personal information
- Our business or commercial purpose(s) for collecting or selling your personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
Quanterix has not disclosed or sold any personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding 12 months.
Right to Delete
You have the right at any time to request that we delete your personal information. However, in some cases we cannot delete all or some of your personal information as required or permitted by applicable laws. Or we may need to delay a deletion, for instance, to process transactions you authorize such as a purchase of our products.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise share your data to any third-party for a business or commercial purpose under any circumstances. However, we are required to let you know that you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information if we ever notify you that we engage in such activity.
Right to Non-Discrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA, such as denying you products and services, charging you different rates or prices including use of discounts or penalties, or suggesting or providing a different level of service or quality of products to you.
How to Submit Your Request
900 Middlesex Turnpike,
Billerica, MA 01821
617 301 9400
We will evaluate the request and take action where required to do so.
Depending on the nature of your request, we may have to verify your identity when you contact us. We do this by asking you to provide us with certain pieces of personal information which we will match with information we have in our possession to verify your identity. We endeavor to respond to your request as soon as we can. If we are not able to respond to your request within 45 days, we will let you know that we may require additional time (up to 90 total days).
We are not able to respond to more than one “Right to Know” request from a consumer in any 12-month period.
Information We Collect, Sources of Information, Business Purposes for the Collection, & Sharing of Information
California Shine the Light Law
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. However, we do not sell, rent, or otherwise share your data to any third-party for a business or commercial purpose under any circumstances. If you are a California resident and want a copy of this notice, please submit an email request to email@example.com. In your request, please specify that you want a “Your Quanterix California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response.
California “Do Not Track” Notice
Nevada Privacy Rights
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise share your data to any third-party for a business or commercial purpose under any circumstances unless you specifically consent to such disclosure. Pursuant to Section 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes, residents of Nevada may, at any time, submit a request to an operator of a website in Nevada directing the operator not to make any sale of any personal information the operator has collected or will collect about the consumer. If you are a Nevada resident and want to opt-out of the sale of any personal information, please submit an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please specify that you want to “Opt-Out of Sale of Personal Information in Nevada.” Please allow 60 days for a response.
If you would like to exercise, or discuss, any of these rights, please contact us as described below.
Does the Website use “cookies”?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use our Website. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies are sometimes placed by third-party providers of web traffic analysis services, such as Google Analytics.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies remember choices you make and are used to recognize you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies collect information about your browsing habits such as the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website more relevant to your interests. They are also used to make advertising more relevant to you, as well as to limit the number of times you see an advert. These cookies are usually placed by third-party advertising networks. They remember the other websites that you visit and this information is shared with third-party organizations, for example advertisers.
We use Google Analytics. For information on how Google processes and collects your information in regard to this product and how you can opt-out, please see here.
Most internet browsers are automatically set up to accept cookies. However, you can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. Please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to block or delete cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
900 Middlesex Turnpike,
Billerica, MA 01821
617 301 9400
If you are in the EU, you also have the right to complain to the local data protection authority (DPA) within the EU. You can find the details of your local DPA here.